The lamentations of an architecture student, the joy of a christian, and the laughs of a guy who just likes life.



Breaking a record, maybe.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I got alot done on my projects today. I think I should be able to get everything done.
I guess I got drafted into a road trip. Today during my Tuesday/Thursday lunch at Smokey's, Jason was talking about the longest CSC weekend road trip being to Mount Rushmore. Now, Zach, Jason, and me are apparently in charge of breaking the afore mentioned record. We have to go to the farthest place of interest we can, take a picture, and drive back. Sounds like a waste of a weekend to me, but over the year, many things that have seemed boring have turned out to be pretty cool. I'm sure it would be a great chance to... um... practice... sitting. And looking at stuff out of a window. The thing Jason and Zach didn't get was that I get fidgity in a car after an hour. I can't read in a car without getting a headache, so I'll need plenty of video games to keep me focused. Every time I think about the trip, I keep thinking Survivor. Like,

HOUR 12: After being trapped in a car for this long, they've began searching for food.
Scene: A deserted desert road in the middle of no where. Late afternoon, early evening.

Zach: Here comes an exit... they've got McDonald's.
Jason: Haven't you ever seen Supersize ME? We're not eating McDonald's.
Eric: That's all we've seen. There's nothing else to eat in Oklahoma.
Jason: We're only in the panhandel. There's plenty of Oklahoma left.
Eric begins humming Oklahoma.

Zach: Here's another. This one has two McDonald's. Couldn't you just get a salad without dressing?
Eric: I wouldn't trust the lettuce, myself.
Jason: Yeah, and besides, that exit doesn't even have gas.
Zach: Oh, yeah. We should stop soon.

Eric: Exit ahead. Gas stations and a McDonald's. Let's just get some food from the gas station.
Jason: Sounds good.
Zach: Well, its still a good five miles to the exit.
Car: putter... putter...
Jason: That doesn't sound good...
The car slows down. Zach coasts the team to the side of the road.
Wolf: Awoooooooooooo...


2 Responses to “Breaking a record, maybe.”

  1. Blogger Eric 

    Fine by me. Nice to meet you, by the way.

  2. Blogger Eric 

    Hmmm... I just realized the panhandel comes after the rest of Oklahoma. Oops.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Eric
  • From Gallatin, TN
  • I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links

My friend's BlogsMy other Blogs