The lamentations of an architecture student, the joy of a christian, and the laughs of a guy who just likes life.



Don't use Kryptonite bike locks


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Currently humming: "This is my Father's World"
Verse of my day: James 1:2-3
I knew it was coming. I just didn't know when...
I was coming out of the library. I walked up to my bike to unlock it. I put the key in and began to turn it. Unfortunately, the key didn't turn. So I kept trying harder and harder until, well, it broke. My key broke. So what did I do? I'm glad you asked. I opened my wallet and removed my spare key. I put it in and started to turn. It also didn't turn. I kept increasing the torque to the limits of my strength, but at fear of breaking this one too, stopped. So what did I do? I'm glad you asked. I walked to class. And lunch. And the computer lab. And all over campus. I tried the lock again in the afternoon, but to no avail. After all my classes were done, I decided to give it one more go. On the way, I prayed about it. I believe that any problem, no matter how trivial, can be solved with prayer. So I put the key in and started to turn. Without any effort at all, the key turned, and my bike was freed. So what did I do? I'm glad you asked. I joyfully rode off into the horizon for dinner. Along the way, I saw David, Loraine, and Jason in the CSC yard playing croquet. I joined them on the second round (and won).
On Saturday, I had the opportunity to listen to the Bartimaeus song leading at Lads to Leaders. It's song leading for special needs people of all ages. It's always incredible to see the fervor with which some sing. One guy even led "Amazing Grace" with a Steven Hawking voice thingy. Whatever you call it. One guy also did a sermon the next day. I still remember the point of it:

Have you ever had a wolf peach? It's a small fruit shaped like a peach, but it's bright red. Wolf peaches had been considered poisonous and known to kill wolves that tried eaten them, hence their name. One day a man, surrounded by a crowd, claimed he would eat a wolf peach to prove they weren't poisonous. He took a bite, but remained alive. Today, we know wolf peaches as tomatoes. The name wolf peach actually arose from a misunderstanding about the latin name. Just imagine: if people remained afraid of tomatoes, we wouldn't have pizzas, ketchup, and several soups. If we don't share the Gospel, imagine how much good people are missing out on!


1 Responses to “Don't use Kryptonite bike locks”

  1. Blogger Justin 

    But there will always be folks like me who just don't like tomatoes. I don't like pizza, I always order plain so that I don't have ketchup put on, and I think tomatoe based soups are yuck. Now there is an inside joke involing tomatoes which I shall not mention. YUCK!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Eric
  • From Gallatin, TN
  • I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links

My friend's BlogsMy other Blogs