The lamentations of an architecture student, the joy of a christian, and the laughs of a guy who just likes life.



DON'T PANIC


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Currently listening to: "Open my Eyes" by Inhabited

The last few days have been an interesting turn of events involving fantastically expensive explosions, the true meaning of Christmas, and me buying the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy. Okay, just the latter, but still. There was a tremendously subatomic meeting between the particles of my car and the particles of another car. But more on that in the next post. Why am I putting of the story? Well, my power cord has finally given up hope on life. The new one's in the mail, so I'll have to wait about a week before getting back to the abilities of my own computer. So many synonyms to look up, spellchecks to preform, and here I am with a computer that can barely add two digits before calling it a day. I know there was a better word I wanted to use in lieu of "subatomic," but it escaped my mind. Normally, I'd just ask the internet what word I was looking for. It would know.

So until my next post, I'll leave you with some of my favorite quotes of the inaccurately-dubbed "trilogy," as it contains five books. (I've finished three since buying it yesterday afternoon).

In the beginning the Universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Marvin: "I am at a rough estimate thirty billion times more intelligent than you. Let me give you an example. Think of a number, any number."
Zem: "Er, five."
Marvin: "Wrong. You see?"
The mattress was much impressed by this and realised that it was in the presence of a not unremarkable mind.

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has a few things to say on the subject of towels.A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have. Partly it has great practical value - you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand-to- hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."


0 Responses to “DON'T PANIC”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Eric
  • From Gallatin, TN
  • I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links

My friend's BlogsMy other Blogs