The lamentations of an architecture student, the joy of a christian, and the laughs of a guy who just likes life.



Yesterday-Today


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Currently listening to: "Cry on my Shoulder" by Overflow

Updates: Eric's Sketchbook

Suprise! It's an update! Lots to talk about, so let's cut to the chase (Though I would strongly recommend checking out my sketchbook today).

Last night after church, we had a group together to go to Alexander's/David's to play cards. Before I got to that, I needed to go with Matt to drop his AGAPE kid off. His partner is Alicia, but she had a meeting or something. Anyway, we were heading up Alcoa towards the interstate. About to turn onto it eastbound, he suddenly jolts back to the left lane, westbound. "Yeah, it's this way."

We go down the road for about ten minutes. Passing an exit, he speaks up again. "Oh, wait. No, it was the other way." We look for the next exit, but that isn't for another ten minutes. Finally, we get off the interstate to turn around. While trying to get back on, we miss the turn to the ramp. We turn around and head back for it. He misses it again. We decide to give up on that and just go with Kingston.

After about ten minutes, we pass the church. Yeah, where we started. We get back on Alcoa. I make sure to remind him a few times that we need to go right. After about ten minutes, we pass an exit. "Um, I think that might've been it." He calls up Alicia, and yes. That was it. So we need to turn around. Again. Then we hit major traffic. As it turns out, there was no wreck on our side of the interstate. It was just a bottleneck caused by a huge wreck on the other side. Westbound traffic was at a standstill. Obviouly enough, we aren't going to turn around.

I call up David to tell him what all is going on. He tells us to take a secondary interstate. Matt eventually decides to get off on an exit to call and ask how to get to Rebecca's house. "Wait a second... I know this road..." Yes, Matt's random exiting got us to the exact spot we needed to be.

After dropping off Rebecca, we went to the church so I could get my car. Matt followed me to the CSC where I picked up Zach. Then we went to David's/Alexander's. We played cards, and it was fun.

David and Matt both had to leave for work after a while, though. Afterwards, we had the best conversation I'd ever been involved in. We covered just about every spiritual topic: the Trinity, lust, Heaven, etc. It was great.

Unfortunately, I had a paper rough draft due the next day. I had about 1200/2500 words. Yeah, lot's of ground to cover. Looking at the clock, it was 3 AM. We stayed a little longer, just for the sake of seeing David get back from work.

I made an executive descicion to skip my computer class the next day. I slept until 11 and worked on my paper for about two and a half hours straight. I cut my paper a little short on words since it was coming up soon. Its just a rough draft, after all.


0 Responses to “Yesterday-Today”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Eric
  • From Gallatin, TN
  • I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links

My friend's BlogsMy other Blogs