The lamentations of an architecture student, the joy of a christian, and the laughs of a guy who just likes life.



A sundae of good news


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



In France's L'ecole Des Beaux-Arts, students would put their final projects into a slot of a cart to turn them in. The cart was pushed by at the time the project was due. Any student who didn't get their project in their appointed slot was failed. In French, this cart was called a charette. In architecture schools presently, the rush to get a project done in time is called a charette, the architectural equivalent of a crunch.
I've been en charette for about a week now. My final drawings were done with thirty minutes to spare. I'll finally be able to sleep, play, sleep some more, update my site... I just realized that the weekend's coming up. Ambroziak can not give us an assignment the day of a presentation. It just won't happen. Which means I'm taking an entire weekend off. No late Sunday night this time.
The cherry on my sundae of good news is that Zach got into the architecture program. He was one of the FOUR to get in out of a swarm of applicants. It reminds me of the verse in James that says continuous prayer avails much. It's rare to see a prayer not get answered. That's one of the best ways to see God working actively in your life.
And the cherry on my cherry is that I found that ping pong balls can be fired from cardboard tubes with a burst of air. Just thought you'd like to know.


0 Responses to “A sundae of good news”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Eric
  • From Gallatin, TN
  • I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links

My friend's BlogsMy other Blogs